TISSUE BIOREGENERATION BY INJECTION OF RICH PLASMA IN PRP PLATELETS USED IN DENTISTRY
It is a revolutionary treatment based on a simple idea: to use for the healing and regeneration of tissues the internal resources of each organism, represented by the blood components. Among the most important components involved in these complex processes are: platelets which are reservoirs containing over 40 growth factors, involved in the regeneration of epithelial and connective tissue, increased collagen production, the formation of new blood vessels.
The method consists in collecting a small amount of blood from the patient, then processed by centrifugation to separate the packets from other blood cells and reinjecting the liquid obtained, rich in growth factors, in places where we need tissue regeneration.
Used years ago in sports medicine to heal osteotendinous and ligament injuries for rapid recovery, today, the indications for PRP treatment have expanded, being used to regenerate nerves, bones, heart muscle, heal difficult wounds, improve the appearance of the skin. , hair growth, etc. and more recently in dentistry for the local stimulation of regenerative processes in tissues, eliminating the inflammation of the periodontium, triggering the mechanism of natural restoration of the shape and structure of the gum and preventing the internal loss of bone.
The action of autologous plasma injection consists in the formation of new capillaries and the improvement of the local metabolism and blood supply, as well as the increase of the local immunity of the oral cavity.
Avantajele tratamentului sunt multiple:
- It is a natural process, harvested from the patient's blood. The elements contained in the plasma are completely natural, have no mutagenic action and do not cause oncological diseases, tumors or other negative effects.
- It does not present an allergic risk, rejection, infection or granulomas.
- The preparation is simple and fast
- The effect obtained is natural and long lasting
- The results are gradual with the progressive improvement of the amount of tissues in the following months after the treatment.
In dentistry, the method is indicated in the prophylaxis of periodontal diseases and in the therapy of gingivitis, alveolitis, periimplantitis, localized or generalized marginal periodontitis (grade 1,2,3) as an adjuvant in the insertion of implants or can be part of a complex dental treatment plan.
The effects of therapy consist in:
- Stopping gingival bleeding
- Reduction of dental mobility
- Elimination of bad breath (bad smell of the oral cavity)
- Accelerate the healing of the alveoli of the extracted teeth
- Prophylaxis of periodontal diseases and stopping the evolution of diseases
- Eliminates pain after surgery
- Helps to regain the physiological color and anatomical shape of the gum
- It favors the bone integration of the implants and reduces the risk of periimplantitis which determines the elimination of the implants.